In order to benefit from social media, you must develop a solid plan that will help reap the benefits of time spent promoting content via the networks you are a part of. Creating a social media strategy can seem overwhelming and tedious, but the risks that come from not developing a solid plan are not worth overlooking the need to create a social media strategy that works.
- Think about how much time you want to invest in your social media marketing. Designate a specific amount of time per week to focus solely on social media. Time will be needed to not only create content, but maintain the community you are working to build; so include interaction time within that designated time structure.
- Which skills do you have that will assist in each platform? Think about Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook as well as Google+? Each have their own unique way about them; specifically think about Pinterest and Instagram that will require good photos for content shared on those two platforms.
- Next up, you need to think about your target audience. Write down who you will generally be trying to get to click over on your links? Who will you want following you that will be valuable in your social media marketing plan? You will want to dig deep to ensure your strategy is going to reach the target audience that is relevant to your niche.
- After you have completed the first three steps, get your profiles ready on all social media platforms. Try to maintain a similar, if not the same, bio across the board to maintain consistency with your brand marketing. Use the same user name on all profiles if they are available for use and choose your profile image wisely as this will be the audiences’ first impression of your brand.
- Analyze when is the best time to post your content to each platform. Use services that allow you to schedule content; this saves you on step 1 – time. Create compelling content that engages your audience and makes them want to interact with you or click thru to your product page, services or article.
- Ask others what has worked for them, do not be afraid to consult with the best. Look around at other people who are going big on social media, find out what their strategy has been and mold what worked for them into a creative marketing plan that is best suited for you.
Once you have taken the time to implement these easy steps to create a social media strategy that works, you will be well on your way to building an online presence like no other. Don’t look back now, only the sky is the limit!