As mentioned in a previous post, Master Lock provided me with an opportunity to review it’s Password Lock (1534D). Gone are the days of the locks that require you to go right, then left, then right, etc. (aah High School). Now you can easily set and open your lock using words.
About the 1534D Password Lock (Taken from their website):
- Easy to set & reset – use letters, numbers, symbols or mix them!
- Interchangeable, removable dials offer over 25 million personalized combinations
- 5 position combination allows for maximum customization
- Soft touch dials with 2 grip points for no-slip grip
- 2-1/2″ (64mm) wide metal body for superior strength
- Hardened steel shackle for extra cut resistance
- Each package contains one lock
Best Used For:
- School, Employee, & Athletic Lockers
- Indoor Storage Lockers
Click the image above to be taken to the website
What I Liked:
- The customizability allows you to create your own word, so you can remember it better
- It was easy to set the combo I wanted
- The lock is strong
- I like that it comes in different colors
What I didn’t love:
- Very wide, so didn’t fit properly into my gym locker. (I fortunately use a different Master Lock for that)
- Because it is pretty big and uses words, I had to make sure no one was looking over my shoulder. Words are easier to remember, so you have to make sure people don’t just memorize your password.
Online- Black $12.03 with free shipping. Buy now!
Offline- Black, Blue, White, Green $12.03 Use their zipcode checker to find a store near you.
Overall, it is a good sturdy lock. I am taken back to the days when I used to use Master Locks for my school and gym lockers. I think it makes it easier for kids who may have difficulty remembering the numbers. I think I would like the green one because it goes with my colors.