Raise of hands, who here has secretly wished they could be a model? I know I have thought about it since I was younger. I was even approached several times when I lived in NYC; once to even walk the runway during fashion week. However, my focus on getting my college studies in (and my admitted lack of confidence at the time) caused me to back out from those endeavors. So needless to say, I secretly indulge in model and fashion reality shows so I can essentially live through the contestants.
As we all know I call South Florida my home, so I was pretty excited to find out that one of those shows, Model Latina, would be returning to South Beach this season. In its fifth season, Model Latina is returning after seasons in NY and Las Vegas. With ten new contestants, new celebrity judges including Carlos Ponce, and exciting new challenges; I’m sure this season will be MUY CALIENTE! The first episode premiers tonight at 10pm EST on nuvoTV. (nuvoTV is the first and only English- language television network targeting American Bi-Cultural Latinos ages 18-49. It is available in NY, Chicago, Miami, Los Angeles, the San Francisco/Bay area, as well as the entire top 15 Hispanic DMA, so check your local listings for the channel).
These latin beauties from all over the country are competing to win $25,000, a spokesperson role for nuvoTV, and a modeling contract with international agency Q Management. Check out the Sneak Peek video, Meet the Cast, and find out more!
Here’s a little bit about the contestants and you could learn more here:
- Cindy Salaues Age: 24 Guatemalan-Bolivian Hometown: Los Angeles Brown-eyed beauty Cindy grew up in sunny Southern California and never has trouble making people smile with her pleasant, unpretentious demeanor, and dreams of walking the runway for top designers.
- Oneisys Amador Age: 26 Cuban Hometown: Miami Miami gal Oneisys grew up in Cuba before moving with her mom to Florida at age 13. She’s currently an events planner but is hoping her acting and modeling classes – and this stint on Model Latina: South Beach — will help lead her to superstardom.
- Marlene Cruz Age: 21 Puerto Rican Hometown: San Juan, Puerto Rico Puerto Rican stunner Marlene is a full-time college student studying Human Resources Management in P.R. and has been modeling part-time for the past two years. She still has a teddy bear named Elmer, which, of course, makes her even cuter!
- Jacqueline Reyes Age: 25 Dominican Hometown: New York “I’m single and ready to mingle,” says Dominican beauty Jacqueline about her move to SoBe. The fun-loving, free-spirited New Yorker got her Organizational Communications degree in Florida, so she’s no stranger to the sizzling local scene.
- Rachell Martell Age: 20 Cuban-Italian Hometown: Miami Cuban cutie Rachell already has plenty of modeling experience and now she’s ready to step up her career as a model-actress and is studying to take Hollywood by storm. She’s also part Italian, which she says explains her taste for artists: Italian dynamo Lady Gaga and legendary crooner Frank Sinatra.
- Muriel Villera Age: 21 Colombian Hometown: Miami Miami gal Muriel is hotter than the SoBe sun and can work a runway like nobody’s business! We suspect that this sexy Colombian-American scene-stealer will be gracing the cover of fashion magazines in no time. And it’s her undeniable, self-professed “sassy, sexy attitude” that is going to take her to the top!
- Maytee Martinez Age: 20 Cuban Hometown: Miami This gorgeous Cubana may be new to the Model Mansion but she’s definitely not new to modeling. The busy beauty has strutted runways during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in Miami and NYC as well as during Brooklyn’s awesomely artsy Williamsburg Fashion Weekend and SoBe’s sizzling Funkshion Fashion Week.
- Jillian Pacheco Age: 18 Puerto Rican Hometown: New York “I love to have fun and turn everything into a party!” says college cutie Jillian, who likes to crank up hip-hop and catch up on the latest issues of Latina and Cosmo when she’s not busy studying. She has also appeared in one of her other favorite magazines, Teen Vogue, five times.
- Brittany Peralta Age: 22 Mexican Hometown: New Mexico This sexy, country music-loving student hails from New Mexico and is as fun, smart and upbeat as she looks. Brittany is a trained dancer who balances her time with school and part-time modeling on the local scene.
- Maybelline Canela Age: 21 Dominican Hometown: New York Smart and sexy, this Bronx beauty was born and raised in the Empire State and is currently a college student studying psychology in NYC. Even with a full-time school schedule, Maybelline balances her life as a bookworm with bombshell with grace but still finds time to pursue her passion for modeling and acting.
I am really going to need to check this out before I decide who I am rooting for. I do know that I am originally a New Yorker and my family is Puerto Rican, so should I be looking at Jillian or should I root for Maybelline because I studied Psychology in NYC too? Let’s see how their personalities show up and then I’ll decide who I think should win.
In the meantime, if you would like to connect with the show, you can find them on Facebook or Twitter.
This post is a sponsored post in collaboration with nuvoTV and Latina Bloggers Connect. All opinions expressed by me are my own.
Leave A Comment